?

Log in

A lyrics community with a purpose's Journal

> recent entries
> calendar
> friends
> profile
> previous 20 entries

Saturday, March 28th, 2009
12:18 am - come together

littlemisssick
 come together
right now
over me.

(comment on this)

Tuesday, December 11th, 2007
3:11 am - New here~

cakebot_san
Life 2: Unhappy Ending - Stars

[Scene one:] Late at night interior, we find ourselves inside the car
Our hero has just gone too far, his lover bleeding in the back
He removes the Lucky from the pack, he knows now that he can't turn back

[Cut to:] The cherry lights in the rearview
He realizes that he's through
Whispers, "Darling let's have fun"
Hits the exit doing 91, drives until he's in the woods
If he loses them he's gone for good

Life was supposed to be a film, was supposed to be a thriller, was supposed to end in tears
But life, could be nothing but a joke, could be nothing but a con
Where's my unhappy ending gone?
Life was supposed to be a film, was supposed to be a thriller, was supposed to end in blood
But life could be nothing but a joke, a sentimental con
Where's my unhappy ending gone? Where's my unhappy ending gone?

[Her:] Here is the part where you save me, here is the scene where you save the day
Why can't the ending be happy?
Why must it always resolve this way?

[Fade in:] A cabin in the woods somewhere
Our hero strokes his lover's hair
Says "Don't worry love we're almost done"
Says "I could have really been someone"
Outside, they surround the house with pistols drawn
It's a waiting game until dawn
Sergeant says "He can't go on, we know now that he can't go on..."

Life was supposed to be a film, was supposed to be a thriller
Was supposed to end in fire
But life turns out it's nothing but a dream
And that I'll miss it when it's gone
I want the story to go on and on but it can't go on...

current mood: calm

(comment on this)

Monday, March 12th, 2007
7:05 am - Warren Zevon - "Numb as a Statue"

soulphox
I'm numb as a statue
I may have to beg, borrow or steal
Some feelings from you
So I can have some feelings too

I'm pale as a ghost
You know what I love about you
That's what I need the most
I'm gonna beg, borrow or steal
Some feelings from you
I'm gonna beg, borrow or steal
So I can have some feelings too

I don't care if it's superficial
You don't have to dig down deep
Just bring enough for the ritual
Get here before I fall asleep

Ain't nothing special
When the present meets the past
I've always taken care of business
I've paid my first and last

(comment on this)

Sunday, January 28th, 2007
1:27 am - ...

jevousaimex0
What hurts the most is being so close and having 
so much to say
and watching you walk away 
and never knowing what could have been
</3
--Rascal Flatts [What Hurts The Most]

(comment on this)

Saturday, December 16th, 2006
12:02 pm - Megadeth - "Countdown to Extinction"

soulphox
Endangered species, caged in fright
Shot in cold blood, no chance to fight
The stage is set, now pay the price
An ego boost, don't think twice
Technology, the battle's unfair
You pull the hammer without a care
Squeeze the trigger that makes you Man
Pseudo-safari, the hunt is canned...
The hunt is canned

All are gone, all but one
No contest, nowhere to run
No more left, only one
This is it, this is the Countdown to Extinction

Tell the truth, you wouldn't dare
The skin and trophy, oh so rare
Silence speaks louder than words
Ignore the guilt, and take your turn
Liars anagram is "lairs"
Man you were never even there
Killed a few feet from the cages
Point blank, you're so courageous...
So courageous

All are gone, all but one
No contest, nowhere to run
No more left, only one
This is it, this is the Countdown to Extinction

One hour from now,
another species of life form
will disappear off the face of the planet
forever...and the rate is accelerating

All are gone, all but one
No contest, nowhere to run
No more left, only one
This is it, this is the Countdown to Extinction


The Baiji / Chinese River Dolphin was just declared "Functionally Extinct" just recently. The Yangtze Finless Porpoise is in a similar situation as the Baiji was 20 years ago.

(comment on this)

Monday, October 23rd, 2006
10:57 am - Black Sabbath - "After Forever"

soulphox
Have you ever thought about your soul - can it be saved?
Or perhaps you think that when you're dead you just stay in your grave
Is God just a thought within your head or is he a part of you?
Is Christ just a name that you read in a book when you were in school?

When you think about death do you lose your breath or do you keep your cool?
Would you like to see the Pope on the end of a rope - do you think he's a fool?
Well I have seen the truth, yes I've seen the light and I've changed my ways
And I'll be prepared when you're lonely and scared at the end of our days

Could it be you're afraid of what your friends might say
If they knew you believe in God above?
They should realize before they criticize
that God is the only way to love

Is your mind so small that you have to fall
In with the pack wherever they run
Will you still sneer when death is near
And say they may as well worship the sun?

I think it was true it was people like you that crucified Christ
I think it is sad the opinion you had was the only one voiced
Will you be so sure when your day is near, say you don't believe?
You had the chance but you turned it down, now you can't retrieve

Perhaps you'll think before you say that God is dead and gone
Open your eyes, just realize that he's the one
The only one who can save you now from all this sin and hate
Or will you still jeer at all you hear? Yes! I think it's too late.


Christian music from a supposedly satanic band? It's this kind of pseudo-paradox that I thrill on.

current mood: thoughtful

(comment on this)

Sunday, August 13th, 2006
10:06 am

theworryrock


please join! brand new!

(comment on this)

Friday, August 11th, 2006
11:55 pm - Coldplay - Where is my boy

fluidstatic
Where is my boy?
I saw you come out of a scene
Maybe in some kind of dream
Something that never comes

Time that I take...
See over in arms I'll raise
I'll race in to find you
I'll race in to find you

Time stands
I open your eyes to my world
I see you come out of it all
Unharmed and unscathed
And shouting, oh

Come on in
In houses I live in
And changes you're making
To the state of affairs

Calling “where is my boy?”
I have seen you so often
I cry “where is my boy?”
Oh, have you all forgotten?

And in some kind of dream
Have I seen you before
Oh, have I seen you before?
Oh, where is my boy?

So come all the way
Changing your number
Changing the house where you live
Change your lines

Have I seen you before?
In some kind of a dream?
In a place you've forgotten
A place I've forgotten

So where is my boy?
When I kneel in your arms
I flew awry
Where is my boy?

Have I seen you before?
In some kind of a dream?
Have I seen you before?
In some kind of a dream?

In my hands you’ll fall
Open in as it seems
Have I seen you before?

Oh baby, your arms and your legs are shattered
Where is my boy?
Where is my boy?

I said “where is my boy?”
Have you seen me before?
When I look in your eyes
Tell me “he had to go”

Said “I seen you before
In some kind of dream”
Seems I've seen you before
In some kind of a dream

I say “where is the boy?”
Have I seen you before?
Yeah, I saw you before
In some kind of a dream

I say “where was my head?
When I needed it most?”
Oh, I stayed here before
Yes I stay in the place I know.

I'm posting this because I'm looking for someone ... I'm havoing trouble finding him and it's driving me crazy. we havent seen each oher in many years and i'mn starting to think we may have never met, after all. it's one of those maddening situations that makes you feel like you're going insane. this song is structured in such a way that it reflects that perfectly.

I miss him. i want to see him again. I don't even have proof that we've ever met, only my memory. I hate it. Hence this song. on repeat.

current mood: icky

(1 comment | comment on this)

Wednesday, June 21st, 2006
3:40 pm - Brightyy Eyyes

lovehatesmiles
This is the first day of my life
I swear I was born right in the doorway
I went out in the rain suddenly everything changed
They're spreading blankets on the beach

Yours is the first face that I saw
I think I was blind before I met you
Now I don’t know where I am
I don’t know where I’ve been
But I know where I want to go

And so I thought I’d let you know
That these things take forever
I especially am slow
But I realize that I need you
And I wondered if I could come home

Remember the time you drove all night
Just to meet me in the morning
And I thought it was strange you said everything changed
You felt as if you had just woke up
And you said “this is the first day of my life
I’m glad I didn’t die before I met you
But now I don’t care I could go anywhere with you
And I’d probably be happy”

So if you want to be with me
With these things there’s no telling
We just have to wait and see
But I’d rather be working for a paycheck
Than waiting to win the lottery
Besides maybe this time is different
I mean I really think you like me
<333333

current mood: sleepy

(comment on this)

Sunday, June 18th, 2006
3:46 pm
i_dream_of_tom And when I see you
I really see you upside down
But my brain knows better
It picks you up and turns you around
Turns you around, turns you around


If you feel discouraged
That there's a lack of color here
Please don't worry lover
It's really bursting at the seams
Absorbing everything
The spectrum's A to Z

This is fact not fiction
For the first time in years
And all the girls in every girly magazine
Can't make me feel any less alone
I'm reaching for the phone

To call at 7:03 and on your machine I slur a plea for you to come home
But i know it's too late
I should have given you a reason to stay
Given you a reason to stay [x3]

This is fact not fiction
For the first time in years
Death Cab For Cutie- 'A Lack Of Color'

Well, i don't want to act like i'm feeling sorry for myself, but i feel lonely right now and i'm sort of caught up in confusion over this one guy that is moving, and i could either tell him how i feel or just let him leave, and he'd leave not knowing that he was my best friend and that he really brightened up my days.

current mood: nostalgic

(comment on this)

Monday, May 22nd, 2006
2:33 pm - The Sex Pistols - "God Save The Queen"

soulphox
God save the queen
The fascist regime
They made you a moron
Potential H-bomb

God save the queen
She ain't no human being
There is no future
In England's dreaming

Don't be told what you want
Don't be told what you need
There's no future, no future,
No future for you

God save the queen
We mean it man
We love our queen
God saves

God save the queen
'Cause tourists are money
And our figurehead
Is not what she seems

Oh God save history
God save your mad parade
Oh Lord God have mercy
All crimes are paid

When there's no future
How can there be sin
We're the flowers in the dustbin
We're the poison in your human machine
We're the future, you're future

God save the queen
We mean it man
We love our queen
God saves

God save the queen
We mean it man
And there is no future
In England's dreaming

No future, no future,
No future for you
No future, no future,
No future for me

No future, no future,
No future for you
No future, no future
For you


Ren Faire is over now, and I'm sad. A) because it was fun and now it's gone. B) because I didn't remember to get this song printed & copied to do at the final closing parade. But, when I mentioned that I'd meant to, I thought people were going to go, "Yeah, yeah, kinda old." Instead, they all laughed and said, "That would've been AWEsome!" So, next year. You bet your ass.

current mood: happy

(comment on this)

Monday, March 27th, 2006
5:38 pm - Metallica - The Unforgiven

soulphox
New blood joins this earth
and quickly he's subdued
through constant pain disgrace
a young boy learns their rules

with time the child draws in
this whipping boy done wrong
deprived of all his thoughts
a young man struggles on and on he's known
a vow unto his own
that never from this day
his will they'll take away

what I've felt
what I've known
never shined through in what I've shown
never be
never see
won't see what might have been

what I've felt
what I've known
never shined through in what I've shown
never free
never me
so I dub thee unforgiven

they dedicate their lives
to running all of his
he tries to please them all
this bitter man he is
throughout his life the same
he's battled constantly
this fight he cannot win
a tired man they see no longer cares
the old man then prepares
to die regretfully
that old man here is me

what I've felt
what I've known
never shined through in what I've shown
never be
never see
won't see what might have been

what I've felt
what I've known
never shined through in what I've shown
never free
never me
so I dub thee unforgiven

(solo)

what I've felt
what I've known
never shined through in what I've shown
never be
never see
won't see what might have been

what I've felt
what I've known
never shined through in what I've shown
never free
never me
so I dub thee unforgiven

wo o wo...

never free
never me
so I dub thee unforgiven

you labeled me
I'll label you
so I dub thee unforgiven

never free
never me
so I dub thee unforgiven

you labeled me
I'll label you
so I dub thee unforgiven


Need to say things to people, or I will end up screaming things at people...

F*ck you, life, I'm on break.

current mood: melancholy

(1 comment | comment on this)

Monday, March 6th, 2006
12:21 am

duckduckgoose23

lyrics_are_love

(comment on this)

Thursday, March 2nd, 2006
4:54 pm - Burn the Witch - Queens of the Stone Age

thelulav
Holding hands skipping like a stone
On the way to see what we have done
First to speak is the first to lie
Children cross their hearts and hope do die

Bite your tongue
Swear to keep your mouth shut


Ask yourself will I burn in hell
Then write it down and cast it in the well
Here they are the mob it cries for blood
To twist the tale into firewood
Fan the flames with a little lie
Then turn your cheek until the fire dies
Skin it peels like the truth away
What it was I will never tell

Bite your tongue and swear to keep
Keep your mouth shut


Make up something
Make up something good

Holding hands skipping like a stone
Burn the witch
Burn to ash and bone
Burn the witch
Burn to ash and bone

-!-

Another great song, another great set of lyrics.
Got to hand it to the QotSA, they really do have the nicest songstexts :)

(comment on this)

Wednesday, March 1st, 2006
10:32 pm - Yonderboi - Were You Thinking of Me

thelulav
It was the day when they put you on the cover
They found the corpse in the back of a mercury
They got her labtop picking all the numbers
Trying to reach that they never meant to reach
They called the top doc messing with the data
Trying to help but they couldn't eventually

She's a rough cut
She's a tough top stuff

Oh were you thinking of me )
Oh were you thinking of me )
Oh were you thinking of me )
With a love like that } x2

It was a night a night just like the others
Picked up the pack that she always gave to me
She wore her lacquer top tripping undercover
Got in her car just to never get back to me
Sneak in her room she's missing all her lovers
I really hope I can get away with it

She's a top cop
She's a top ten stuff

Oh were you thinking of me )
Oh were you thinking of me )
Oh were you thinking of me )
With a love like that } x2


-!-

I personally think this is a really great song,
I also think that there aren't many places that show the lyrics of this song.
I had a really hard time getting this, and I would really like to share, cause this song rockz!

current mood: amused

(1 comment | comment on this)

Tuesday, February 14th, 2006
3:59 pm - Atomship - "Withered"

soulphox
Why is it that even knowing the decision I have to make, hell, the decision I have made, it's still a bummer to live with? I keep telling myself, "It's gotta get easier, because how much harder can it get?"




Because it’s two in the morning and I’m feeling so ugly.
I’ve got this chip on my shoulder, keep my eyes spread wide open.

If you’d let me go.
Then I’d walk myself into the room, yes I will.
Then I’d lay right down and daydream of you, yes I will.
With this soul tell smile I’ll blow a kiss to you, yes I will.
Then I’d lay right down and daydream of you.


It seems the sun is still sleeping and I’m feeling so lonely.
There’s a girl in my bedroom but don’t you worry she’s not breathing.

If you’d let me go.
Then I’d walk myself into the room, yes I will.
Then I’d lay right down and daydream of you, yes I will.
With this soul tell smile I’ll blow a kiss to you, yes I will.
Then I’d lay right down and daydream of you.


And though your soul’s been withered and wisped away.
My grey matter brings me home.
And though your soul’s been withered and wisped away.
Your grey matter brings you home.

If you’d let me go.
Then I’d walk myself into the room, yes I will.
Then I’d lay right down and daydream of you, yes I will.
With this soul tell smile I’ll blow a kiss to you, yes I will.
Then I’d lay right down and daydream of you.


Because it’s two in the morning and my eyes are spread wide open.

current mood: weary

(comment on this)

Thursday, February 9th, 2006
8:53 pm - Eddie King????

xtopherframe
Ok I have looked all over the net and cant seem to find the Lyrics for "Hey Mr blues man" by Eddie King. If any of ya'll out there have any idea what the lyrics are it would be greatly appreciated. Thank's mucho.

current mood: bored

(comment on this)

Monday, January 30th, 2006
2:37 pm - Rick Wakeman - Is Anybody There? (Sung by Bonnie Tyler)

soulphox
Chorus 1:
Does anyone know my name?
Is there anybody there?
You're as near me as you can ever be
Watching me
Watching me

Tag1:
Does anyone love me?
Does anyone need me?
Nobody knows my name
Takes my blame
Feels my pain

Chorus 2:
Does anyone care for me?
I just need a life to share
All my life I've searched
For someone just like you
Is there anybody there?
Is anyone there?
Anyone there?

Verse 1:
I don't know why you make me wanna stay
'cos there's no-one left to love
I'm losing my life for a reason
I'm losing my life 'cos of you

Tag 2:
Is anybody really there?

Bridge:
No-one waits for no-one
No-one cares at all
Nowhere left to hang around
No-one left to call

Patience is my virtue
By virtue of my shame
Broken pieces everywhere
Everything's a game

Where have all the people gone
That once were in my life
Why has everybody gone away?

Chorus 3:
Does anyone know my name?
Or does anybody care?
There's a reason
Why I know I have to stay
So is anybody there?

I'm losing my life for a reason
I'm losing my life 'cos of you
I want to know you're out there just for me

Chorus 4:
I'm tired of waiting here for you
Now I've made up my mind
You're no good
I don't need you
I don't care anymore when you cry

I'm sending my love far away
With a piece of my heart
And a tear for each day
That I cried
So there must be a reason for living
There must be a reason for loving

It's all right
It's all right

Tag 4:
Will anyone really care
If I just walk away
With a tear in each eye
And a reason not to stay
?

Does anyone really know me?
Does anyone really care?
Is there anybody there?

current mood: pensive

(comment on this)

Tuesday, January 24th, 2006
11:56 am - me first & the gimme gimmes - hello

dingo
I've been alone with you inside my mind
And in my dreams I've kissed your lips a thousand times
I sometimes see you pass outside my door
Hello, is it me you're looking for?

I can see it in your eyes
I can see it in your smile
You're all I've ever wanted, (and) my arms are open wide
'Cause you know just what to say
And you know just what to do
And I want to tell you so much, I love you ...

I long to see the sunlight in your hair
And tell you time and time again how much I care
Sometimes I feel my heart will overflow
Hello, I've just got to let you know

'Cause I wonder where you are
And I wonder what you do
Are you somewhere feeling lonely, or is someone loving you?
Tell me how to win your heart
For I haven't got a clue
But let me start by saying, I love you ...

Hello, is it me you're looking for?
'Cause I wonder where you are
And I wonder what you do
Are you somewhere feeling lonely or is someone loving you?
Tell me how to win your heart
For I haven't got a clue
But let me start by saying ... I love you

(comment on this)

Thursday, December 29th, 2005
10:41 pm - Jethro Tull - "Budapest"

soulphox
I think she was a middle-distance runner...
the translation wasn't clear
Could be a budding stately hero.
International competition in a year.
She was a good enough reason for a party...
well, you couldn't keep up on a hard track mile
while she ran a perfect circle.
And she wore a perfect smile
in Budapest... hot night in Budapest.

We had to cozzy up in the old gymnasium...
dusting off the mandolins and checking on the gear.
She was helping out at the back-stage...
stopping hearts and chilling beer.
Yes, and her legs went on for ever.
Like staring up at infinity
through a wisp of cotton panty
along a skin of satin sea.
Hot night in Budapest.

You could cut the heat, peel it back with the wrong side of a knife.
Feel it blowing from the sidefills. Feel like you were playing for your life
if not the money
Hot night in Budapest.

She bent down to fill the ice box
and stuffed some more warm white wine in
like some weird unearthly vision
wearing only T-shirt, pants and skin.
You know, it rippled, just a hint of muscle.
But the boys and me were heading west
so we left her to the late crew
and a hot night in Budapest.
It was a hot night in Budapest.

She didn't speak much English language...
she didn't speak much anyway
She wouldn't make love, but she could make good sandwich
and she poured sweet wine before we played.

Hey, Budapest, cha, cha, cha. Let's watch her now.

I thought I saw her at the late night restaurant.
She would have sent blue shivers down the wall.
But she didn't grace our table.
In fact, she wasn't there at all.
Yes, and her legs went on forever.
Like staring up at infinity.
Her heart was spinning to the west-lands
and she didn't care to be
that night in Budapest.
Hot night in Budapest.


current mood: chipper

(comment on this)

> previous 20 entries
> top of page
LiveJournal.com